Thursday, August 22, 2013

Beginning Again


The first time I tried to write a blog, it ended up being of a venting post for all of my frustrations, instead of a narrative that people might actually enjoy reading. Basically it was a self-indulgence, and after two entries I realized that I probably wouldn’t want anybody besides my husband reading my cynical rants. I realize now that blogs, unlike personal journals, should reflect both the positive and the negative things in our lives. Today I start sharing some of the things that life has taught me. Plain and simple.

I do need to start off with a negative statement, however, so I hope you’ll forgive me. Maybe if I get this out of the way first, I’ll have an easier time staying positive. (No promises!) Anyways… Life sucks. It really, really does. Okay, done. 
 
Seriously, these 28 years, and mainly the past eight, life has taken me on an incredibly difficult journey. I have learned SO much, yet it was not without a great cost. Now that things are starting to get better, I am actually starting to feel thankful, even a little hopeful. These are scary, unfamiliar emotions that are difficult for me to warm up to, however weird that sounds.

Another thing that I disliked about my first blog (if you can count two entries as a blog), was that I was trying too hard to be cool and bad-ass and sarcastic. Though there are definitely times when I am those things, sometimes even all three at once, the real me is unfortunately much more boring. Deal with it, people! Even if nobody besides my husband reads THIS blog, at least I know that I'm being real.

I have nothing more to say for now, so thank you for reading my first post.


1 comment:

  1. your doing great keep going and its your blog so you can write about whatever your passion is and then you will get the readers, I find blogging to be great and even though I started writing for fun about entertainment I now have readers.

    ReplyDelete